Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Winnipeg Winter Wonderland

It is beautiful days like today that makes me wish I could host an IAWP conference in the winter. Today our city woke up to a spectacular covering of frost on the trees that literally sparkles in the sunlight. To add to the experience we are experiencing above average seasonal temperatures so a walk outside is very pleasant. It is only -2 degrees Celsius today!

Well...if I can not bring all of our IAWP friends from warmer regions to winter, then I will do the best I can to share some of it with you with my camera.








Now to share my news with you. These pictures are taken inside of Winnipeg's Assiniboine Park. Inside of this park is the Assiniboine Park Zoo and the home to a new "Journey to Churchill Polar Bear Exhibit" that will open in 2013.


If you are planning to come to Winnipeg in 2014, this exhibit will be worth the trip!




By the way, this photo (above) is the Assiniboine Park Pavilion. And it happens to be only 500 meters from my office! I work at an office in the park! How many people could be that lucky?


Happy February everyone!









1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed seeing your winter morning walk & reading your description. I would like to post one of your pictures to my blog about my virtual visit to Winnipeg in a few days and add a link to your page.

    I am writing a blog about my virtual bicycle trip across the US & Canada and my family history research. I do my actual cycling on a stationary exercise bike at my home in Washington state.

    http://bikewa-vtwritehistory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete