Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring is here!

Spring has most definitely sprung here in Winnipeg! We have been enjoying lots of sunshine, above normal temperatures and best of all.....no floods.

Of course the other event I have been anticipating, besides the melting snow, is the Annual IAWP Spring Board Meeting. This year we are lucky to have the South African Police host us at their Police Management Center for the meeting. I hope that between myself and IAWP Chaplain Tamia Dow (another IAWP blogger) we will be able to post at least one update for members over the next two weeks.

If you have logged on to check out my blog, please consider taking some time to look over the IAWP home page (www.iawp.org) for look at the IAWP annual award categories. The closing date for nominations is April 26th. I know we have some very worthy Region 12 candidates out there!

IAWP at the Olympics Blog

I would like to thank all of the officers from Region 11 and Region 12 who shared photos, anecdotes and stories from the Olympics. You did our country proud!

Please look for my last update in the next publication of Women Police.

No comments:

Post a Comment