Monday, November 2, 2009

New Challenges

Wow...this is harder than it looks! For those of you who know me, you know that finding something to say is not my weak point. The challenge has been for me to figure out the technical side of blogging. I am slowly finding my way around the blogspot site. Chaplain Dow and Region 9 Coordinator, Janet Wilson have set the blog bar pretty high. In the coming weeks I promise this will blog take shape and have some photos and colour added to it.

It is hard to believe that over a month has passed since the Seattle conference. What a spectacular city and a great conference! At the combined Region 11 and 12 meeting we discussed the purpose of the blog. For those who were not able to attend, the IAWP has begun to change the format of Women Police, our official publication. In the past format, updates on news, promotions and awards were printed under a Regional update. Now, we will be using Regional Blogs to provide news from around our region. This means that as soon as you can send me an email, I can post the announcements. I am looking forward to this mode of communication and to hearing your views.

The blog is not my only new challenge. I am new to the Board of IAWP and have slowly been getting up to speed on my new responsibilities. I would like to thank Shelly Ballard-McKinlay for her vote of confidence in asking me to take over. I know have some very big shoes to fill, but with Shelly only a phone call away, the transition will be much easier. Thanks for three years of hard work Shelly!

I have challenged myself to post something new every week. I challenge you to keep in touch and send me your news, announcements, ideas, thoughts and pictures. Stay safe everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment