Saturday, February 25, 2012

History begins

For many members of the IAWP Board of Directors and Board of Trustees, the journey to create history began earlier this week. We have come from the UK, USA, Australia and Canada to celebrate and take part in the first Emirates Women Police Conference in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.



I was exploring the hotel this morning and came across the conference banner. I found another tourist to snap my picture. I am honoured to be here and take part in this event and want to capture as much of it as I can for you.



IAWP Treasurer Kim Covert was also exploring the hotel.



After breakfast, Steph Harding briefed the group on protocols for the conference and reviewed the agenda. Steph has been instrumental in making this event a reality. She has advised us the women officers will be attending from Jordan, Qatar, Iraq and Oman. Abu Dhabi Police are leading efforts to improve the working conditions for all women in the Gulf States.




After our briefing, I finally had time to pose with my favorite M&Ms, Margaret and Myra. All three of us well rested and ready to take on the rest of the week here in Abu Dhabi so be sure to check back later for further updates!













No comments:

Post a Comment